Embedded Software Engineer II
Technologic Systems is looking for a multi-talented engineer that shares our passion for hardware to complement our embedded software team. Ideal candidate would be used to working in close proximity with experimental/prototype hardware designs and be familiar with working with an array of tools ranging from logic analyzers to C language debuggers to aid in CPU and peripheral board bring-up. We are looking for someone with a fine-tuned sense of their own capabilities that can also accurately estimate the amount of work required for a given task. The candidate must work in a team setting, but should be able to independently and efficiently manage their time to complete assignments in a dynamic, schedule-driven environment. Responsibilities would depend on qualifications, but may include the following:
- Maintenance and design of optimized general-purpose embedded flash-based Linux OS distributions
- Experience with Driver level debug and development, SPI, UART, CAN, LIN, I2C, etc. based on open-source drivers from silicon vendors
- Experience with Boot-loader debug and development, especially U-Boot
- Assist in the design of hardware testing and verification software for use in production process
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative approaches and solutions
- Ensure that technical specifications/design documents are clearly and comprehensively documented, understood and traceable
What we are looking for:
- BS or Master's degree in CS/CE or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years experience in embedded Linux driver and kernel development
- Solid foundational knowledge of Linux device drivers
- Proficiency in C/C++ (5+ years of experience)
- A natural problem solver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility, and positive approach
- Ability to relocate to or already be located in the Phoenix, AZ Metropolitan area
- Eligible to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays and Sick Leave
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA with 3% Matching Contributions
- Year end bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling
- Relocation assistance
Technologic Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employeer and all qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identitity or expression, or any othe characteristic protected by law.
No agency calls please.
Technologic Systems is not currently in a position to sponsor work visas or transfers at this time.
Please apply to jobs@embeddedARM.com with your name as the subject and your resume as an attachment.