Technologic Systems announces the release of the TS-7400-V2. It is based on the TS-7400 form factor and serves as a drop-in replacement that is less expensive and faster than the original. Besides providing a smooth upgrading path, the TS-7400-V2 adds valuable functionalities for embedded developers.
The TS-7400-V2 is a compact, low power, and cost competitive embedded computer. It is powered by the NXP/Freescale i.MX286 ARM926EJ-S core that is clocked at 454 MHz with 256MB RAM and 2GB NAND Flash. The TS-7400-V2 includes a micro-SD socket and brings out many interfaces via a 40 pin header including: CAN, ADC, GPIO, SPI, I2C, I2S, and UARTs.
Consuming as little as 0.5W and costing $84 at quantity 100, the TS-7400-V2 is a great balance of features, cost, and power consumption. Also, guaranteed availability is provided until 2025.
The TS-7400-V2 is designed to provide good performance for applications which demand high reliability, fast bootup/startup, and connectivity at low cost and low power, such as point-of-sales (PoS), vending machines, data acquisition units, data recorder modules, medical controllers, etc. Additional TS-7400-V2 specifications include:
- 100% soldered-on components
- Fanless -40 to +85 C with CPU clocked at 454MHz
- Board dimensions are 2.9" x 4.7"
- Power consumption can be dynamically controlled via software and ranges from 0.5W to 1.2W
Embedded Development with Linux
The TS-7400-V2 ships with Linux kernel version 2.6.35 and full Debian Wheezy preinstalled with GNU development tools. Other software features include:
- UBIFS filesystem preinstalled on Nand flash. The successor to JFFS2 which provides faster mounting, quicker access to large files, and improved write speeds. UBIFS also preserves or improves upon JFFS2's on-the-fly compression, recoverability and power fail tolerance.
- Sleep mode requiring around 9mW of power, with the ability to wake up after an arbitrary timeout with a 1s resolution
- Standby mode which consumes 250mW, and can wake in as little as 250ms
Price and availability
The TS-7400-V2 is available now with Linux and development environment out-of-the-box. There are 3 off-the-shelf configurations available that can be ordered online though our website:
- TS-7400-V2-128-2048F-I embedded computer with the i.MX286 454MHz ARM9 and 128MB DDR2 RAM priced at $84 quantity 100
- TS-7400-V2-256-2048F-RTC-I adds 256MB DDR2 RAM and 1x BBRTC priced at $109 quantity 100
- TS-7400-V2-256-2048F-I-DEV adds 1x CAN, 2x RS232, and 8-28VDC voltage power regulator priced at $120 quantity 100
TS-7400-V2 Front View full build
TS-7400-V2 front view built with no options
Custom TS-7400-V2 can be built for minimum orders of 100 units at optimum price. The following options are available for customization: 256MB RAM at $18, 1x BBRTC at $7, 2x RS-232 at $2, 1x CAN at $3, 8-29V Power at $6, and 1x full size SD Socket at $12.
Call us at (480) 837-5200 or contact us for a custom order.
ABOUT TECHNOLOGIC SYSTEMS
Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. We have been in business for 30 years, helping more than 8 thousand OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Our product base consists of a wide variety of off-the-shelf PC/104 single board computers, system-on-modules, touch panel computers, peripherals and industrial controllers. We also offer custom configurations and design services. We specialize in the ARM and X86 architectures, FPGA IP-core design, and open-source software support based on Linux, providing advanced custom solutions using hardware-software co-design strategies.
TECHNOLOGIC SYSTEMS INC.
16525 East Laser Drive
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268