Technologic Systems announces the release of the TS-7670, a small SBC that is designed to provide extreme performance for applications which demand high reliability, fast startup, and location aware connectivity at low cost and low power, such as fleet vehicle or asset tracking, point-of-sales (PoS), vending machines, data acquisition units, data recorder modules, etc.
The main features are its modbus connector, optional Telit Jupiter series multi-constellation coverage GPS radio, and optional CDMA, GPRS, or HSPA+ modules. The TS-7670 utilizes the NXP/Freescale i.MX286 ARM926EJ-S core that is clocked at 454 MHz and is available with 128 MB or 256 MB of DDR2 RAM. Preloaded utilities allow users to adjust CPU speed on the fly or induce power saving modes that draw as low as 10 mW of power. The TS-7670 offers many interfaces such as 1x Ethernet, 1x USB, 2x RS-232 or TTL UARTs, 1x RS-485/Modbus, 4x DIO, and up to 2x CAN bus ports. A low cost enclosure with optional DIN mount is available.
TS-7670 Front View
Additional TS-7670 specifications include:
- Full Industrial temperature range
- 2 GB soldered down NAND flash
- Data redundancy via dual removable SD cards and Doublestore software technology
- Temperature compensated RTC with less than ±5 ppm clock drift
- CPU speed can be adjusted on the fly between 451 MHz to 261 MHz
- 1x USB serial device for console
- Up to 2 CAN bus ports
Embedded Development with Linux
The TS-7670 ships with Linux kernel version 2.6.35 and Debian Wheezy preinstalled. Other features include:
- UBIFS filesystem preinstalled on NAND flash. As the successor to JFFS2, UBIFS improves upon JFFS2's on-the-fly compression, recoverability and power fail tolerance.
- Sleep mode requiring around 10 mW of power, with the ability to wake up after an arbitrary timeout with a 1 s resolution or at the press of the reset button
- Standby mode which consumes 180 mW, and can wake and resume execution in as little as 250 ms
- Boot time from power on to BusyBox shell is 4.5 s from SD card and 5.8 s from NAND
Price and Availability
The TS-7670 is available now with Linux and GNU toolchain utilities out-of-the-box. There are three off-the-shelf configurations available that can be ordered online though our website:
- TS-7670-128-2048F-I: Industrial grade (-40°C to 85°C) SBC with a NXP/Freescale i.MX28 454MHz ARM9 CPU, 128 MB of DDR2 RAM, and 2GB of onboard NAND Flash priced at $129 quantity 100
- TS-7670-256-2048F-2CAN-C: Commercial grade (0°C to 70°C) SBC with a NXP/Freescale i.MX28 454MHz ARM9 CPU, 256 MB of DDR2 RAM, 2GB of onboard NAND Flash, and second CAN port priced at $149 quantity 100
- TS-7670-256-2048F-C-DEV: Commercial grade (0°C to 70°C) SBC with a NXP/Freescale i.MX28 454MHz ARM9 CPU, 256 MB of DDR2 RAM, 2GB of onboard NAND Flash, second CAN port and GPS radio module priced at $184 quantity 100
TS-7670 shown with the optional low cost plastic enclosure
Custom TS-7670 can be built for minimum orders of 100 units at optimum price. The following options are available for customization: 256MB RAM at $18, 1x Additional CAN at $3, 1x GPS Radio Module at $35.
Call us at (480) 837-5200 or contact us for a custom order.
About Technologic Systems
Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. We have been in business for 30 years, helping more than 8 thousand OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Our product base consists of a wide variety of off-the-shelf PC/104 single board computers, system-on-modules, touch panel computers, peripherals and industrial controllers. We also offer custom configurations and design services. We specialize in the ARM and X86 architectures, FPGA IP-core design, and open-source software support based on Linux, providing advanced custom solutions using hardware-software co-design strategies.
Technologic Systems Inc.
16525 East Laser Drive
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268